Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Crawling Along....

It's hard...Juggling a full time job, another "full time" hobby (farm and animals) and writing. I guess I need to get my priorities straight. If writing is something I'd really like to pursue (and yes, it is) then I need to make time. Just as fitness trainers will harp on the fact: "You'll never find the time to exercise, so you have to MAKE the time."

Strange Antique chest found in ruins of the old Hunter House (Reset)

I will be aided now by the fact that I no longer have a full time job. Yes, the recession has hit me. This is both good (now I will use office hours to continue to edit Reset and to get my outline done for the prequel that's been floating in my head for about a year) and not good (no income).

At least my HTRYN course is paid for and writing is pretty much "free".

I've read a good many articles on writing with titles such as: "When you can quit your day job?"

Well, I would have really liked to finish this revision first, but maybe this is the fire I needed to get me motivated to make time for my writing.

This week I am finishing Lesson 7 in the HTRYN course. This is about worlds, sets and stages and how I have (not) made use of important things...It has been the most difficult lesson so far, which is probably why it has taken me so long to really plunge into it.

8 Lessons to go.....Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment